Towards Charity by Truth is the motto of the school. The aim of the school is to impart to its students sound education based on moral principles for their complete formation


  • Educate girl child

  • Providing formal education at all levels

  • Give an all round development

  • To make each one fit into the changing society

  • To impart knowledge so that she could combat against the prevailing evils in the world

  • To uphold values in the society


In July 1901, a small English School namely “Holy Apostles Convent European School” was started for the children of the British and Anglo Indian Army Personnel in a small building at the foot of the hill. ​


On 14th April 1906, the school was recognized by the Government. ​​Later the English School was moved to another building referred to as “The Post Office”.

Dominic’ Cardinal Ferrata donated money for the construction of the school, which was named after him, as St. Dominic’s School. On 25th November 1929, pupils of Std. VII appeared for the Middle School Exam at St. Bede’s School.


In 1930, the strength of the school had grown, so the English School was transferred from the Post Office building to the building which was called Clive’s Residence (Lord Clive is said to have lived there) and the Convent was transferred to the Post Office building which housed the English School.

On 3rd July 1933, the House System began with only 2 two houses, namely Agnesians and Dominicans. ​On 8th July 1936, a third house was added for the boys namely St. Bonaventures.


On 19th September 1957, Std. X and XI were recognized. ​


The first High School Results were announced on 11th January 1960. All passed by the glory and honour of God.


In 1976, our school proudly celebrated its Diamond Jubilee, having successfully completed 75 long years of imparting knowledge to a great number of children.

​On July 15th, 1978 the school was upgraded with Plus Two. Till then we had only classes from Std. I to XI.


On 16th January 1990, Sr.Maura the superior general of F.M.M. visited our school. The management, staff and students welcomed her by a short variety. ​


The workers also play an important role in our school and as a token of appreciation; we started the workers day celebration in 1990.


​Another very important event for our school was the Government giving us the permanent recognition for Std X in 1992.


In 1993 we were given the permanent recognition for the plus two (+2) by the Government.

Ninety three years ago, this great school of ours began. The school slowly but steadily grew in strength, human values and academic progress. Its aim was not only to educate but also to give an all round development.


Helen de Chappotin.jpg

Helene de Chappotin


The Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary was founded in 1877 by Mary of the Passion (Helen de Chappotin) at Ootacamund, Tamilnadu an International Religious Congregation of women comprising 78 nationalities spread over 76 countries in the five Continents of the world. We discover Christ’s message of Love through our life of prayer and work and transmit this to our brothers and sisters by our varied activities. 


Sr. Aniceta


Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from an indomitable will

Studies do not make formal learning complete. The all round development of the child should be the aim of education. Each student has brought forth according to his / her ability and to their own creative experiences which has given me immense pleasure. We hope to inculcate tolerance pride and determination to succeed in life.


Sr. Lawrencia


Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man” 

Time is part of our life. Time counts and is counted by what it yields. Every new dawn brings a new promise. The days ahead are filled with opportunities to be catalysts for change and to make a difference in our life and in the life of someone.